Join the new global esports business
The rapid growth of esports has highlighted the need for professionalisation of the sector. Even though there is already a wide variety and abundance of training courses on the market that specialise in the creation and development of video games, there are currently still no courses specifically focused on producing the future professionals in the esports industry.
This Master does just that and will allow the students to learn from some of the leading working professionals in the industry, giving them a more realistic perspective of the market than any other esports Master in the world.
“ISDE’s Master in Business in esports provides a way to educate people that want to work and build a career in this industry, instead of just you trying to wing it and hope for the best. Here I learned from industry leaders, and now I’m working in one of the most important esports companies in Iberia, where I feel my contribution makes a difference.”
- Cláudio Gonçalves
“Studying at ISDE has been for me a dream come true. ISDE in collaboration with DreamHack, offer one of the first masters in esports in Spain, with top international speakers in esports, who give you a little of their time to show you the future of the industry and enrich you with their extensive experiences in this world. The ISDE family provides such a warm and cozy atmosphere that makes the hours of study and effort more enjoyable.”
- Gerard Jorquera
Why should you choose this master?
- If you are passionate about video games, sports, or both, and if you want to pursue a career in one of the industries with the highest growth potential.
- Our Master’s in esports Business is your opportunity to train with the best professionals in the industry.
- It features a comprehensive content plan that includes internships in some of the industry’s leading companies
Professional careers after finishing the Master
This Master prepares the student to play one of the following roles in the two areas below:
- Esports project manager (team, league, tournament, event).
- Head of production of esports events.
- Head of production of leagues and tournaments.
- Head of marketing of an esports organisation.
- Sales director of an esports organisation.
- Expert in esports in a marketing and communication agency.
- Expert in esports in the Marketing and Communication Dept. of a consumer brand.
- Entrepreneur in the esports industry.
- Journalist specialising in esports .
- Presenter of esports broadcasts.
- Head of audiovisual production of esports leagues, tournaments and events.
- Head of P.R. of an esports team.
- Head of communications for an esports team.
- Head of communications for an esports league.
1. Esports Cultures and Competitions
- History of Competitive gaming and esports
- Evolution of play / a culture of mods
- Genres and Games
- Esports in media and Popular culture
- What makes a game an esport
- From LAN parties to stadiums
2. Esports in Society
- Esports and Minors
- Esports and Gender
- Esports and Health
- Esports and Education
3. Industry Overview
- Market analysis
- Key stakeholders and role players in the industry
- Value chain and business models
- Open system vs Closed system
4. Esports future and Trends
- Mobile esports
- Big data and Blockchain
- Esports Global Expansion
5. Media in esports
- History of esports shoutcasting
- The rise of the Streamer
- Esports media landscape
- Audience analysis
- Broadcasting to cord-cutters
6. Esports Law
- Regulatory Landscape
- IP License and Rights
- Governing bodies and Rights
- Transfer agreements
- Dispute resolution mechanisms
- Integrity and Compliance
- Esports and Betting
Becoming an esports professional
- The five P’s of esports
- Authenticity and Credibility
- Sponsorship rights
- Broadcasting rights
- Measuring ROI
- Brands, brand management, IP rights
- PR and press relations
8. Competition Management
- Tournament formats
- Online, LAN, and BYOC tournaments
- Rules and regulations
- Tournament software
- Human resources
9. Media Production
- A spectator sport
- Storytelling and narratives
- Engagement with players, viewers and fans
- Live production and Project management
- Content creation and distribution
10. Event Management
- Typology of esports events
- Business models
- Marketing and Sponsorships
- Logistics and Suppliers
- Human Resources
- Event planning
11. Team management
- History of esports teams
- Coaching a gamer
- Financial direction
- PR & Marketing
- Players representation
- Human resources
*The academic program is subject to modifications.
First edition Faculty
|ADAM WHITE||EDGE ESPORTS LTD|
|JOHNNY KUTNOWSKY||BLINKFIRE ANALYTICS|
|FRANCISCO ASENSI||LEAGUE OF LAWYERS|
|CHRISTIAN LORD||DREAMHACK AB|
|ALBERTO GUERRERO||RIOT GAMES|
|DAVID YARNTON||BRITISH ESPORTS ASSOCIATION|
|OLLIE RING||ESPORTS INSIDER|
|FEDERICO WINER||SAP ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRIES|
|TIAGO BARBOSA||CASA DE LES PUNXES|
|ALFONSO LEON||RUIZ-HUERTA & CRESPO|
|STEFAN MAGNUSSON||DREMHACK AB|
|DIDAC SEVERINO||CLIFFORD CHANCE LLP|
|MANUEL SORIANO||PAGE GROUP|
|RON RHEINGOLD||TWITCH ESPORTS|
|ALBERTO MARTÍNEZ GUERRERO||STREAMLOOTS|
*The faculty is subject to modifications.
ISDE SPORTS PROGRAMS ALUMNI
Marc Valentin Lenz
Club Licensing & Financial Fair Play at UEFA
Client Services Executive. Sponsorship Department at Real Madrid CF
Alvaro Manuel Gil Baquero
Lawyer at Atlético de Madrid
International Affairs Director at Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación A.C.
Alberto Díaz Lorente
Legal Counsel at LaLiga Competition Operations Department
Nicole A. Santiago
Coordinator, Player Relations & Competition at Major League Soccer
Legal Counsel at WADA
Attorney at Law at FC Barcelona
Legal Counsel at Sportradar AG
Responsible for Integrity at LaLiga
Attorney at Law at Bichara & Motta Advogados
Eduard J. Scott
Chief Operations Officer at Euroleague Basketball
José Carlos Oliveira
Lawyer at Sporting Clube de Portugal
Handball Manager FC Barcelona
Legal Department at Real Sociedad
Associate (Sports Law) at Mills & Reeve
Chief Relationship Officer at Kashima Antlers
Ornella Desirée Bellia
Head of Legal Affairs at the European Leagues
Partner at Kleiner & Cavaliero AG
President and CEO of Blue United Corporation
Head of Legal at FC Zenit
LaLiga Chief Executive Officer
General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs of the Asian Football Confederation
Legal Counsel at RSC Anderlecht
Associate at Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira
Director of Sports Marketing at Televisa Deportes
Legal Counsel at UEFA
Legal Counsel chez FIFA
Vice President of the Romanian Football League
Head of Case Management at Sport Resolutions (UK)
Legal Counsel at Asian Football Confederation
Natalie St. Cyr Clarke
Legal Affairs Manager at FIBA
Legal Department at Málaga CF
Associate at LIBRA LAW Ibarrola & Ramoni Avocats
Counsel at Lombardi Associates (Scotland)
Legal Affairs Manager at Fédération Internationale de Volleyball
Mr. Aitkhozhin Azamat
Secretary General of the Kazakhstan Football Federation
Sports arbitration at Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler
Head of Legal at Trabzonspor FC
Director of Business Development and Legal Affairs at NASL
General Counsel & Head of International Affairs of Hebei China Fortune Football Club
Gisele Cesário Cabrera
Lawyer at Santos Football Club
Monserrat Jiménez Granda
Legal Director in CONMEBOL
Head of Public Affairs at Sportradar AG
Lawyer at Sport Club Corinthians Paulista
Yelena Giselle Hazimn
Puerto Rico Soccer Federation