This initiative is one of the annual highlights and a unique opportunity to become part of an intensive program organized by one of the most prestigious institutions in Spain, such as ISDE, at Wolfson College in the University of Cambridge.It consists of a training week in Sports Law, together with visits to some of the most important clubs of the Premier League, in London. You will also take part in workshops in the leading Sport Law firms in the city.
Why should you choose this program?
You will visit one of the world’s leading universities: the University of Cambridge.
- There is a significant need for elite professionals in a matter that generates a high volume of economic activity.
You will visit some of the main Premier League clubs and Sport Law firms in London.
- You will acquire new tools to work in the international market and to understand a different legal system
Professional careers after finishing the Master
Currently there is an existing demand for elite professionals in a subject of great social relevance that generates a high volume of economic activity . That is why ISDE has decided to offer this master.
- Arrival to Wolfson College in Cambridge.
- Free time in Cambridge.
- “Introduction to English Law and the Common Law”, David Stott, Affiliated Lecturer in Public Law, Department of Land Economy, of Cambridge.
- “Olympic Law – how the legislation operated and the IOC’s links to CAS and WADA”. Prof. Mark James, Director of Research, Law School, Manchester Metropolitan University.
- “ADR and Sport”, Prof. Dr. Ian Blackshaw, TMC Asser International Sports Law Centre, The Hague, Netherlands and CAS Arbitrator.
- “An Introduction to the Inns of Court”, John White.
Whole day educational visit to London city:
- Visit to West Ham United FC at Upton Park.
- Law talks and lunch, Middle Temple.
- Legal London tour.
- Sports Law talks.
- Drinks reception and networking, Lewis Silkin.
- “Deadline Day Desperation: a Sports Law Negotiation Task”, Dev Kumar Parmar, Barrister.
- “A Thematic Assessment of Sports Law in the English Legal System: Key Cases and Core Principles”, Simon Boyes, Director at Centre for Sports Law, Nottingham Trent University.
- “The step by step approach to finding your dream job in the sports world after graduation”, Sarah Ochwada, Advocate, High Court of Kenya and Sports Arbitrator.
- “Good governance; ‘The principles of eligibility to participate (in sport)”, Stuart McInnes, Consultant, Squire Patton Boggs, London.
- “Employment law and sports: far from a perfect marriage”, Andrew Haywood, Partner, Pennington Manches LLP, London.
- “Social media and the legal and practical challenges in sport”, Matt Himsworth, Himsworths Legal Limited, St Albans.
Award of Certificates of Attendance Ceremony
*This Schedule is subject to modifications
The course faculty is composed by well-known professors from European universities specialized in this area, like the Queen’s University in Belfast or the University of Northumbria. The program seeks law students and sports lawyers who want to get the best knowledge of Sports Law in a unique international framework.
ISDE SPORTS PROGRAMS ALUMNI
Marc Valentin Lenz
Club Licensing & Financial Fair Play at UEFA
Client Services Executive. Sponsorship Department at Real Madrid CF
Alvaro Manuel Gil Baquero
Lawyer at Atlético de Madrid
International Affairs Director at Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación A.C.
Alberto Díaz Lorente
Legal Counsel at LaLiga Competition Operations Department
Nicole A. Santiago
Coordinator, Player Relations & Competition at Major League Soccer
Legal Counsel at WADA
Attorney at Law at FC Barcelona
Legal Counsel at Sportradar AG
Responsible for Integrity at LaLiga
Attorney at Law at Bichara & Motta Advogados
Eduard J. Scott
Chief Operations Officer at Euroleague Basketball
José Carlos Oliveira
Lawyer at Sporting Clube de Portugal
Handball Manager FC Barcelona
Legal Department at Real Sociedad
Associate (Sports Law) at Mills & Reeve
Chief Relationship Officer at Kashima Antlers
Ornella Desirée Bellia
Head of Legal Affairs at the European Leagues
Partner at Kleiner & Cavaliero AG
President and CEO of Blue United Corporation
Head of Legal at FC Zenit
LaLiga Chief Executive Officer
General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs of the Asian Football Confederation
Legal Counsel at RSC Anderlecht
Associate at Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira
Director of Sports Marketing at Televisa Deportes
Legal Counsel at UEFA
Legal Counsel chez FIFA
Vice President of the Romanian Football League
Head of Case Management at Sport Resolutions (UK)
Legal Counsel at Asian Football Confederation
Natalie St. Cyr Clarke
Legal Affairs Manager at FIBA
Legal Department at Málaga CF
Associate at LIBRA LAW Ibarrola & Ramoni Avocats
Counsel at Lombardi Associates (Scotland)
Legal Affairs Manager at Fédération Internationale de Volleyball
Mr. Aitkhozhin Azamat
Secretary General of the Kazakhstan Football Federation
Sports arbitration at Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler
Head of Legal at Trabzonspor FC
Director of Business Development and Legal Affairs at NASL
General Counsel & Head of International Affairs of Hebei China Fortune Football Club
Gisele Cesário Cabrera
Lawyer at Santos Football Club
Monserrat Jiménez Granda
Legal Director in CONMEBOL
Head of Public Affairs at Sportradar AG
Lawyer at Sport Club Corinthians Paulista
Yelena Giselle Hazimn
Puerto Rico Soccer Federation