Why should you choose to study Sport Management BSc (Hons) with ISDE and Northumbria University?
Our programme of study responds to the distinctive needs of international sports organisations. Therefore, the programme has been designed from the outset as a sport management degree, rather than a business degree with a few sport modules attached. Learning in this sport rich environment provides numerous opportunities for you to engage in CPD, volunteering, access a variety of sports networks, and to undertake a placement with a local sport organisation – alternatively, you may choose to complete your placement with an international partner.
Due to our unique learning and teaching experience, you will graduate from our degree programme with a rounded knowledge of specific and transferable management skills, which are desirable to a variety of graduate-level employers.
Practical training is part of ISDE´s DNA. At ISDE, we believe that legal training through internships is a fundamental part of personal and professional development.
ISDE promote a learning culture based on the person. We place the student at the center of our concerns and work on his or her personal and professional advancement.
The exponential growth of esports has highlighted the need to professionalize the sector. There are training courses in the creation and development of video games, but no program like this one that trains professionals to deal with all aspects of a business of such growth.
This Master does just that, allowing students to learn with some of the leading professionals in the industry, giving them a more realistic perspective of the market than any other program currently in existence.
Turn your passion into your future career.
Bachelor, three years with 120 UK’s credits per year.
- Year One at level 4
- Year Two at level 5
- Year Three at level 6 (SER UG Project*)
Master, one year (Two phases)
- Phase 1: Classroom instruction, with 12 modules.
- Phase 2: Obligatory integration in practice.
The Sport Management Degree BSc (Hons)
Academic & Professional Skills (20 Credits).
Fundamentals of Sport Management (20 Credits).
Principles of Sport Marketing (20 Credits).
Introduction to Research (20 Credits).
Finance and Governance in Sport (20 Credits).
Social Issues and Sport Consumers (20 Credits).
Research Design Analysis (20 Credits).
Sport Facility and Operational Management (20 Credits).
Sport Leadership and Organisation Behaviour (20 Credits).
SER Professional Development & Practice (20 Credits).
Managing & Developing the Business of Sport (20 Credits).
Digital Sport & Business Marketing (20 Credits).
Strategic Business Planning for Managing Sport (20 Credits).
Managing Sport Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability (20 Credits).
Sport Event Management (20 Credits).
Global Sport Business and Management (20 Credits).
SER UG Project* (40 Credits).
Master’s Degree in Esports Business ISDE**
Phase 1: Classroom instruction:
- An academic semester with classes from Monday to Thursday.
With 12 modules:
- Industry Overview
- Accounting & Finance
- Marketing & Sponsorship
- Influencers & Talent Management
- Content production
- Law & Regulations
- Study Trip
- Programming & Coding
- Events Management
- Technology & Trends
- Blockchain & Crypto
Phase 2: Integration in practice:
- Obligatory phase. Three to six months as a trainee in one of ISDE’s partner companies, in the eSports sector.
*The last module, a SER UG Project (40 credits), aims to develop your skills of independent working by engaging with a topic of your own choosing You will develop a critical and in-depth knowledge of a specific area (within the remit of your degree programme) in relation to a research or practical problem of contemporary relevance to the industry/profession. You will learn aspects of research such as literature searching, filtering and quality assessment, project design considerations, ethical implications and data analysis methods. You will develop skills such as time management, contingency planning and critical thinking to produce a well-planned, coherent and ethical project.
**The academic program is subject to modifications.
Examples of jobs held by former students of the BSc (Hons) include Marketing Executive at Manchester United, Partnerships Assistant at Tottenham Hotspur FC, Sales Manager (Match & Advertising) at Middlesbrough Football Club, Sport Manager with the Qatar Olympic Committee, and Account Executive with Nike.
The Master prepares students for one of the following roles in these two areas:
- Esports project manager (team, league, tournament, event).
- Responsible for production of esport events.
- Responsible for production of leagues and tournaments.
- Marketing manager of an esports organization.
- Sales manager of an esports organization.
- Esports expert in a marketing and communication agency
- Esports expert in the Department of Marketing and Communication of a consumer brand
- Entrepreneur in the esports industry.
- Journalist specializing in esports.
- Esports broadcasting caster.
- Responsible for audiovisual production of leagues, tournaments and esport events.
- Responsible for P.R. (Public Relations) of an esports team.
- Responsible for communication of an esports team.
- Communication manager of an esports league.
Berta Benito, PhD, & Marta Utor.
- Dr Berta Benito, Researcher at CESAG
- Marta Utor, General Counsel Adviser, Business Affairs at Euroleague
- Alex Isern, Co-founder & CEO, ISL
- Aisha Al Said, CEO. Amref
- Serafin Ibañez, Senior Global Marketing Consultant I Strategic Partnerships I Sports Marketing I Sponsorship I eSports
- Ramon Robert, Member of the Board ,Belmonte Group
- Didac Severino, Partner (Corporate/M&A) at Pérez-Llorca
- Federico Winer, Researcher & Senior Business Development Specialist at addeso
- Marcos Picalló, Barça Innovation Hub
- Jose Luis Beltran Andreu, Digital Project Manager at FCBARCELONA
- Albert Mundet, Director of Innovation, GM Barça Innovation Hub at Strategy & Innovation FC Barcelona
- Olivier Gonzalez, Head of Institutional Relations and Protocol in the Government Delegation in Catalonia
- Albert Dalmau, Head of Commercial Projects, Summer Tour & Friendlies at FC Barcelona
New students. First year:
- – Reservation of place: 2.000 €.
- – Monthly fee (10 installments): 1.600 €.
Students in 2nd year and subsequent years:
- – Monthly fee (10 installments): 1.600 €.
- – For total payments before August 5, a 5% discount will be applied.
- – ISDE reserves the right to cancel any program that does not reach the minimum number of students necessary to guarantee the correct development of the course.
ISDE offers the possibility of financing your undergraduate studies for up to 15 years with a grace period of 84 months, thanks to the agreement signed with Bankinter.
TIN: 4,99% Maximum TAE (No grace period. 12 month term)*: 6.09%. Opening commission: 0.5%. Term up to: 15 years Possibility of capital grace period up to: 84 months No cancellation fee From 3.000 € to 90.000 € Term from 12 months
– Each year you will be able to use the part of the loan you need to pay for your studies for that year.
– You will only pay interest on the amount you request.
DURATION3 years + 1 year
CREDITS120 Credits per year + Master
Sport Management BSc (Hons) + Master in Esports Business