Airline Liaison Officer/Immigration Liaison Manager
MA Manpower Studies
BA (joint Honours) Arabic and Spanish, specialising in technical translation
- Teacher of English as a Second or Foreign Language on a self-employed basis. Via academies teaching at major national and international companies such as BBVA, Repsol, Google, Ferrovial etc., through 1-1, group and telephone classes and with individuals and small groups for general classes and exam preparation and with private students for exam preparation – FCE, CAE, BULATS etc
- Airline Liaison Officer/Immigration Liaison Manager, based at the British Consulate Madrid.
Responsible for the whole territory of Spain, working with all airlines/handling agents in Spain with flights to the UK and with the Spanish Police to disrupt the flow of inadequately documented passengers to the UK.
Designed and delivered bespoke training,in Spanish relating to forgery/illegal traffic trends encountered in Spain and UK Carriers´ Liability legislation.
- Chief Immigration Officer, RALON HQ UK (Risk and Liaison Overseas Network HQ).
Operational management of this worldwide network of Airline Liaison Officers whose aim was to disrupt the flow of inadequately documented passengers travelling to the UK, but with specific responsibility for the Middle East Region.
- Chief Immigration Officer, Terminal 2 LHR.
Managing the immigraton operation of the busiest airport terminals in the world.
One of 3 CIOs leading the Assistant Immigration Officer team, reviewed the role of the AIOs and implemented changes to improve job satisfaction, dealt with disciplinary matters and negotiated with local Union representatives..
- IT Implementation Director. Due to previous successful implementation of IT projects was chosen to head a temporary position leading an Implementation Team dealing with a nationwide networked IT system. During a moratorium period and contractual difficulties, identified and successfully negotiated the implementation of the system at several high profile hub sites with the main IT Suppliers.
- Implementation Manager, leading on the implementation of the Warnings Index project nationwide and then globally. Working closely with commercial partners, their contractors and UKBA on user trials, site visits, implementation, training deign and delivery and rollout planning and support.
- Training Department: Design and delivery of induction training. Part of a team of 3 selected to design and implement a training course for the new job of Assistant Immigration Officer.
Part of a team of 3 selected to design and deliver a new Training for Trainers course which became mandatory for all staff delivering in-house training and to outside stakeholders.
Undertook a technical review of the training methodologies used and presented papers on Core Competence Methodology which was further developed and used in the Annual Reporting mechanism and the generic Core Competency Framework.
Assistant Director of the production of a training video aimed at airlines, involving everything from auditioning professional actors and directing/editing the video