DIRECTION OF THE PROGRAM
D. José Luis Risco
D. Francisco Javier Silván
D. Juan Ignacio Alonso
D. Josep María Balcells
Introduction and objetives
Globalization is a fact and the training of lawyers must adapt to this phenomenon, which is changing the legal practice. Currently, it is very likely that even family businesses will face complex legal issues, involving immigration law, international labor law, international trade or complex regulations on tax law.
Faced with these circumstances, we find that training in law schools does not sufficiently prepare lawyers in these terms. This requires a supplementary specialization, which comes from the specialists accustomed to working in this new environment. Moreover, this preparation cannot be limited to a mere study of the different subjects that compose it. More than just studied, it must be experienced in an environment that reproduces the real case scenarios, in with which they will operate and know how to solve them successfully.
Specialist practitioners from the most recognized firms and organizations will transmit in a first phase their knowledge and skills to the students, by giving them the chance to face the same challenges that they assume in their professions. After the classroom phase, the students will intern with these professionals in their own offices, during the practical phase of the program, with the objective of final labor insertion therein.
Why should you choose this master?
- This program allows the student to travel to New York, in order to attend master classes, guided visits to some of the main North American Law firms and participate in workshops.
- In order to practice law with sufficient guarantees, it is necessary for any lawyer to acquire the practical knowledge and its correct application. This learning mechanism can only be acquired in the centers such as ISDE that are in close contact with the most relevant local and international law firms.
- We are the only Academic Institution created by more than 200 national and international law firms.
- We guarantee a period of internship with full integration within prominent law firms. An accurate learning opportunity that will give you security in the beginning and future of your professional career. A chance to learn from industry leaders, to learn to work with the best in the sector.
- 80% of the large law firms that hire recent graduates, claim to select those that have a master that includes several subjects for and ease of adaptation and rotation within the different departments.
- The master introduces you to the lawyer from a practical perspective: you will analyze real cases, write legal texts, improve your oral expression and you will have contact with the most outstanding professionals of the sector.
- 90% of our graduates are finally incorporated to work in the firm where they have developed the internship period.
- Jobs in ISDE Alumni. Networking with more than 10,000 international alumni, teachers and program directors, made up of professional firms from more than 30 countries.
- Program referenced in Financial Times.
The Master in International Law, Foreign Trade & International Relations, opens a wide range of professional opportunities. On the one hand, because its curriculum is not limited to a specific area of law, but deals with all those legal specialties that may have an international component. On the other hand, because both commercial activity and public and private relations no longer understand borders.
In short, this is one of our most recognized master’s degrees worldwide and is also one of the most professionally oriented offered.
After obtaining your degree you can work in multiple areas:
- Law and consultation firms in all areas of law (commercial, civil, tax, labor, administrative, industrial and intellectual property, European law, public international, real estate, corporate, procedural, criminal or international trade, among others).
- Legal departments of national and international companies.
- International organizations such as the European Union, the UN or the European Free Trade Association.
- Other types of entities, such as foundations or NGOs, that develop their activity in an international context.
- International contracts. International business agreements
- Banking contracts and international financing
- Data Protection
- Intellectual property Law
- Competition Law
- Abuse of dominant position
- State aids
- International Bankrupty, Distressed acquisitions
- International insurance contracts
- Introduction to accounting
- Corporate Law and Corporate Governance
- Company’s Directors: Duties and Liabilities
- Corporate Transactions and Entrepreneurship
- International Transactions Do’s &Dont’s
- M&A European Perspective
- M&A US Perspective
- Joint Ventures
- Comparative Corporations
- Listed Companies Takeovers
- Corporate Real Estate
International Tax Law
- Transfer pricing.
- International double taxation.
- Indirect taxes
- European employment law.
- International hiring.
Public International Law-Regulated Sectors
- International framework of Law
- Sea freight
- Air freight
- Road freight
- Energy Law
- Telecommunications Law/e-commerce
- Consumer Goods
- International judicial process. Enforcement of foreign judicial procedures
- Litigation in US
Arbitration and other ADRs
- International Commercial Arbitration 2
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral awards 2
- Mediation: Conciliation and other ADRs 2
- Case Study-Arbitration
International Criminal Law
- Economic, financial and business criminal law-Corporate compliance
- War crimes and crimes against humanity
International Family Law
- International regulations
- Marriage, separation, divorce, child custody and adoption
- Inheritance Law
- Foreign Trade Law.
- International economy and foreign affairs.
- Universal economic organization.
- General Agreement on Tariffs and trade
- Industrial development organization
- VI. Industrial development organization (ONUDI).
- Dispute settlement
- Society and International Community
- Theory of the International Relations
- International Cooperation for Development
- International Contemporary Conflicts
- International Cooperation: United Nations operating system – Refugees
- Foreign politics. International Protocol
- Governmental bodies for foreign policy and international relations
- Public Affairs Strategies
|Alberto Fortún||Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira|
|Andrew Ward||Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira|
|Beatriz Vela||Baker & McKenzie|
|Carmen Magdalena||Fundación ONCE|
|Carolina Kindelan||Winning Presentations|
|César Herrero||DLA Piper|
|Eduardo Peñacoba||Simmons & Simmons|
|Elena Contento||BME Innova|
|Georg Abegg||Rödl & Partner|
|Guillermo Guerra||Baker & McKenzie|
|Iñigo Villoria||Clifford Chance|
|Iria Calviño||Herbert Smith Freehills|
|Grau, Roberto||Consejero Clifford Chance|
|Izaskun Pascual||BME Innova|
|Jaime Sánchez||Clifford Chance|
|Javier Zabala||Meana Green Maura|
|Jorge Velasco||Enérgya VM|
|Juan Gelabert||DLA Piper|
|Laura Güemes||Holland & Knight|
|Luis Alonso||Clifford Chance|
|Mariana Robles||Rödl & Partner|
|Marisa Méndez||Intnal. Consultant|
|Marta García||Campofrío Food Group|
|Natalia Gómez||Freshfields Brukhaus Deringer|
|Olivier Broch||Marimón Abogados|
|Pablo Guillén||Clyde & Co|
|Pablo Paisán||Cuatrecasas, Gonálves Pereira|
|Paul Mishkin||Davis Polk|
|Paula de Biasse||Pérez Llorca|
|Rafael Montejo||Osborne Clarke|
|Ramón Castilla||Squire Patton Boggs|
|Raquel Travesi||Jones Day|
|Richard van Vliet||EY|
|Robert Jackson Jr.||Columbia University|
|Sandra Paoletti||Squire Patton Boggs|
|Tanya Vella||Ganado Advocates|
|Vicente Sierra||Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer|
|Victor Rae-Reeves||Clyde & Co.|
|Xavier Ruiz||Holland & Knight|
|Agustín Del Río||Deloitte|
|Alberto Levy||Bimbo Canadá|
|Alessandro Pirelli||Maluquer Advocats.|
|Alvaro Gasull||Roca Junyent|
|Ana Ribó||Pérez Llorca|
|Bosco De Checa||Allen & Overy|
|Cristina Gonzalez||Universidad de Barcelona|
|Diego Pol||Baker & McKenzie|
|Helena Segrelles||Coca Cola|
|John Rigau||PepsiCo Western Europe|
|Jordi Sellarés||ICC Spain – Barcelona|
|Josep Balcells||Baker & McKenzie|
|Josep Bruguera||Baker & McKenzie|
|Juan Ignacio Alonso||Dentons|
|Luis Gómez||Baker & McKenzie|
|Maite Vallet||Barna Coaching Group|
|María García||Campa Iberia S.A.U. (Musim Mas Group)|
|Mark Winston||NY Port Authority|
|Miguel Morales||Uría Menéndez’s|
|Patrick O’ Malley||Interpresas Consulting.|
|Tanya Vella||Consultor independiente Malta, Francia y España.|
*The faculty is subject to modifications