GENERAL ACADEMIC REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS OF THE INSTITUTO SUPERIOR DE DERECHO Y ECONOMÍA
- Registration on any of the ISDE academic programmes implies the full acceptance of its academic regulations.This document, together with the general conditions of contract and, where applicable, the specific academic regulations of the programme being followed at ISDE represent the entire conditions that you accept on registering with ISDE.In the case of programmes with specific regulations, these will prevail over the standard regulations. Anything not covered by the specific regulations will be covered by the standard regulations.
- In order to follow an ISDE training programme, the student must, at all times, fulfil the general academic regulations of the institution and, if applicable, the specific regulations of each programme.Non‐fulfilment of said regulations will lead to the expulsion of the student.
- ISDE may make use of the work, projects and any input made by the student during the academic programme without express prior, written consent which will be considered as given on acceptance of these general academic regulations.The student freely transfers ownership to ISDE without any exclusivity, the rights to reproduce, distribute, transform, and publicly communicate in any way or form concerning the content sent (photographs, images with or without movement, texts, information, data bases, sound recordings or any other work or service). Said transfer will be worldwide, for the maximum duration considered by Intellectual Property Laws and with the express faculty of granting rights to third parties.In the event of sending any kind of content to the ISDE Website, the student declares, guarantees and accepts that it is done freely, and that said information does not infringe on any intellectual property, brand, patent, commercial secret or any other third party right, and that said information is not confidential nor damaging to third parties.
- Within the context of the ISDE Academic Programmes, the students may be photographed or filmed during classes and on academic activities organised as part of the programme. ISDE may make use of these images or recordings in brochures, documents or other informative media within the framework of its teaching activities.
- Plagiarism partially or wholly of intellectual work or creations of any type is strictly prohibited.Similarly, any attitude which impedes the correct evaluation of the student or which distorts the marks obtained will result in all cases in the student’s expulsion.
- ISDE’s teaching method recreates the attitudes and codes of conduct which the students will have to learn and reproduce in their professional careers.Within the classroom, the teacher is the figure of authority. Students must behave respectfully and politely with the teachers, tutors and in general with the staff of the Institution.Any serious infringement of this rule will lead to the expulsion of the student.During classes, students may not use their mobile phones or access Internet for any purpose other than those related to the content of the class. It is also not permitted to eat or drink in class. Students are only allowed to take a bottle of water into the classroom.
- The timetable which the academic coordinators establish for the various activities must be respected in accordance with the regulations applied for each programme.Students are not permitted to miss more than 10% of the established timetable except in the event of the specific academic regulations establishing a different percentage.
- With the aim of strengthening comprehension and learning in the various sessions, students must attend classes sufficiently well prepared. It is therefore the student’s responsibility to prepare the theoretical part, practical case studies, and/or reading of any general or specific material which the professor may recommend.
- Given the characteristics of the ISDE programmes, students must dress in the usual manner of the legal sector (male students: suit and tie, female students: suit). Specific academic regulations may vary.Similarly, students must show a respectful and polite attitude towards their colleagues, and also towards the teaching and professional staff of ISDE.
- ISDE’s academic coordinators will provide students with their marks through the e‐learning campus and will take care of any possible marking reviews with the teachers.The students must upload to the e‐learning campus any work which the teacher has asked them for. This must be uploaded within the give time limit. Any work on practical case‐study presented after the deadline will not be accepted.The material used in the classroom will be available on the online campus at the discretion of the teacher. The student may present practical case studies through the online campus and check any marks received. Communication through the online campus is permitted.Communication between students and ISDE teaching staff may be done through the e‐learning platform.In order to contract and use a service in the website, the student must register on line. All registration information provided must be truthful. If, as a consequence of registering, the student is provided with a password, this must be used diligently and kept secret.
Users are therefore responsible for the correct care and confidentiality of any identifiers and/or passwords provided by ISDE and students pledge not to give these to third parties either temporarily or permanently and not to allow access to others. Should a third party illegitimately use the services through a password not diligently kept or lost, the responsibility will lie with the student to whom the password was given.
With respect to the above, it is the student’s responsibility to immediately inform ISDE of any event that may have led to the unauthorised use of the identifiers and/or passwords so that they can be immediately cancelled. ISDE is exempt of any responsibility that may arise from the incorrect use of the identifiers or passwords by unauthorised third parties.
Access, navigation and use of the website is the student’s responsibility. The student therefore pledges to diligently and faithfully obey any additional instruction provided by ISDE or by personnel authorised by ISDE concerning the use of the website and its contents.
Similarly, students are encouraged to report to ISDE any event which they know of and which is against the law or affects the rights of any person either through the website or through the contact form.
The student is therefore obliged to use the content diligently, correctly and lawfully and in particular pledges not to:
a) use the contents for any purpose which is against the law or against generally accepted morals or good habits;
b) reproduce or copy, distribute, allow public access through any public communication media, transform or modify content unless it is with the authorisation of the owner of the corresponding rights and it is legally permissible to do so;
c) use the content and in particular, information of any kind obtained through the website or its services to spread publicity communications with the aim of direct selling or with any other commercial aim or to spread spam to other people irrespective of the aim as well as not to sell or spread said information in any way.
- All academic material handed over to the student for academic use will be subject to the above regulations. ISDE reserves the right to control, through any media it considers adequate, the correct use of material given to the student.Upon finalising the corresponding programme, the student must return all academic material to ISDE in good condition.
- The main internal communication form is email. For this reason, students must have an email address as well as a profile on the e‐learning platform. Said platform must be looked at on a daily basis in order to check whether any personal or general communication messages have been received.The use of this means is also recommended for personal communication with the Management and Academic Coordination staff.
- In order to study a programme, the student must be up to date with all corresponding registration and any complementary payments established for each programme.Not meeting the timely payment obligation will lead to the student being expelled from the corresponding programme.
- In those programmes in which it is necessary to travel to different countries, it is the student’s exclusive responsibility to process and obtain the corresponding visas and authorisations required by the various authorities in each country.
- On the request of the corresponding academic authority, students are under the obligation to anonymously evaluate, using their own free criteria, the quality of the teachers who have taken part in the academic programme studied.
- It is the responsibility of the student to know and understand the general academic regulations and, if relevant, the specific academic regulations of each programme before registering.
- The application of this general academic regulation and any other specific regulation of the ISDE academic programmes will be interpreted within the current legal framework.